Orthodontic Treatment in Louisville, KY
Orthodontics refers to a specialized branch of dentistry which corrects poor tooth positioning and improper jaw alignment. This treatment is used to correct both cosmetic issues and problems with chewing function. Genetics and growth rates of your oral structures can contribute to alignment problems and crowding.
Dr. Henn will evaluate your jaw and tooth alignment by using the latest technology including comprehensive pictures and digital x-rays of your jaws and supporting structures. Dr. Henn will then formulate a treatment plan designed to correct your cosmetic and functional issues and provide you with your new straight smile in the most healthy and efficient means possible. Our average treatment times are around 13 months!
Henn Orthodontics will partner with you to correct issues including:
- Moving crowded or overlapped teeth to give you a cosmetically beautiful smile
- Restoring good chewing function by correcting poor bite alignment
- Closing gaps or spaces between teeth for a great smile
- Positioning twisted or rotated teeth correctly to prevent excessive wear
Now, thanks to modern dental materials and techniques, Dr. Henn can offer a number of Advanced options to correct jaw issues and straighten your teeth. You can choose from:
- Clear Aligners (sometimes thought of as Invisalign) - which is the virtually invisible method of straightening your teeth; we use customized clear plastic trays called aligners. Dr. Henn has actually stopped using the Invisalign brand due to poor performance of the material.
- Metal or Clear Braces (Advanced) - we use a custom Self-Ligating metal or clear bracket and advanced gentle wires - this is what most people think of when they hear the term “braces.”
- Old-fashioned Conventional orthodontics - this method uses colored rubber bands or "colors" to hold the wire in tight and you may have heard about people getting their braces "tightened" - Dr. Henn REFUSES to use this outdated method on his patients. His method provides a more cosmetically beautiful look with less of the negative side effects that are commonly associated with traditional braces.
- Lingual braces, which are cemented to the tongue sides of your teeth for better aesthetics - this is an outdated technique that Dr. Henn does not use on his patients.
Orthodontic treatment for adults can begin at any time and at any age. Just remember it may take a little longer to gradually move your teeth, but you are never too old to benefit from orthodontic treatment.
Children should be evaluated by us when your child is 7-8 years old because the first permanent molars have erupted - this allows Dr. Henn to fully evaluate jaw movement and tooth alignment.